Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Riled up over maid agency






HANISAH of Sungai Besi has been waiting for a maid for nearly four months.

She claims that she paid a local maid agency RM2,500 in April and was promised a maid in two weeks.“I got a maid a month later, but according to the agency’s director, the maid is only temporary. I was told that if everything turns out well, the agency would make arrangements to appoint her as my permanent maid,” she says.

However, the maid refused to stay after two weeks.One and a half months later, HANISAH asked for a refund but was unable to reach the agency’s director. She was always given excuses instead.“At the end of July, the director’s assistant agreed to give the refund in the form of a cheque.“An employee brought the cheque and a letter stating that our contract has been cancelled but I declined to accept it for fear that the cheque might bounce,” HANISAH says.

Then the agency agreed to deposit half of the payment into her bank account last Friday but she has yet to see the money.“I asked the director to fax a copy of the bank-in slip but she refused,” she says.

- DIRECTOR of Agensi Pekerjaan Roslena Sdn Bhd Roslena Hisham denies the allegation against her agency.“It is untrue. We sent HANISAH four maids, including the temporary one.”

Roslena claims that the maids’ wages were paid by her agency and she did not get anything from HANISAH.“I banked in half of the payment last Friday but it will take a week to 10 days to be processed.“HANISAH will only get the money next week.“I will refund the other half later in the week,” she says.

The director alleges that she had to endure constant pressure from HANISAH and that she had not made any excuses for not being reachable as she was outstation on business.“I am trying to be as professional as I can but it’s not easy when dealing with a difficult client.“My agency has to go through numerous procedures to acquire maids and it takes time,” she says.

No comments: