Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Let down by maid agency







GURMIT of Kuala Lumpur is dissatisfied with the agency where he applied for a domestic maid.He says he was promised a maid who could perform household chores. He paid RM6,680 as required by Agency Pekerjaan Haz Sdn Bhd.The amount was for six months of the maid’s salary in advance, processing fee, which includes the agency’s commission and the maid’s documentation.

He says when the maid arrived, she could not perform basic chores such as cleaning and looking after the children, and she was always feeling tired.“Worried about my children’s safety, I took her back to the agency,” he says.The agency then offered a replacement, but he refused.“I felt cheated and I dare not take the risk again,” GURMIT says.“My wife and I both work. We don’t need someone unreliable. With a maid like that, I will always be worried about my children’s safety.”

Disappointed with the services provided by the agency, GURMIT demanded a refund. The agency only refunded RM2,800 — the six months’ advance salary for the maid.“The agency had not given me a maid they promised, but they had gained their commission. I lost RM4,000 because of the agency’s mistake.”

- A SPOKESMAN from Agency Pekerjaan Haz says when a client rejects the maid given by the agency with a solid reason, the agency will provide a replacement, but the documentation fee has to be borne by the client.

She says clients are required to sign a form before paying the fee to obtain a maid.The form clearly states the company’s policy that it would only refund the advance salary if the client rejects the maid.

She also refutes the claim that the maid was unable to perform basic chores because the maids are trained before being sent to the clients.The spokesman says she will meet GURMIT to clear the matter.

2 comments:

Jennifer Thiang said...

I also applied my maid through Agensi Pekerjaan Haz (Pudu Branch) and facing the same problem as you did.
I rejected my Cambodian maid in June 2010 and was promised 3 months for the refund but till now, I have not receive a single cents from HAZ. I called from times to times and was given many reasons saying the its the company policy to wait for at least 3 months for refund.
Okay, I waited for 3 months but when I called them, the consultant, Ms CK Yee said that their Accounts dept has not issued the cheque due to their internal issue (between HAZ and the Cambodian counterpart). But all this is none of my business, I just want the refund!
Again, she told me to wait till end of this month, October 2010 for my refund cheque. I told her it's enough, as I am going to lodge a complaint at the Government department that handle such matter (located at The Mall).
I have been posting my complaint and even comments on the website to alert the public over the experience I encountered at AGENSI PEKERJAAN HAZ SDN BHD so that many people will be aware and will think twice before entering the said agency's door.

Ab Devilliers said...

On the other hand it is your useful database of over one thousand prospective maids who have registered in various maid agencies that are recognized by the Ministry of Manpower. maid agency